2010年2月22日月曜日

バレンタインデー

I love holidays. Who cares if candy companies pressure you to buy their products as gifts on those days? So many people don't listen to them anyway and, instead, make their own card or make it into a date night. There's definitely hard core advertising done to pressure people to buy gifts for Christmas, but less major holidays like Halloween, Easter, St. Patty's Day, Valentine's Day, etc. aren't as strongly marketed so most don't feel like it's absolutely necessary to buy candy, beer, flowers, etc. on those days, but some people recognize and celebrate all of them with gifts because they enjoy it. Personally, I don't celebrate all of those holidays, but it's still fun to have a day to look forward to, even if it's just to say "Happy Valentine's Day!" to everyone. If I were an international student in Japan, I would celebrate Japanese Valentine's Day by giving those tiny cheapy cards little kids use to all the guy friends I made there and tell them I'd like one from them on White Day.

1 件のコメント:

  1. I like Candy. If there are days were we can receive free candy from people I am all about it. Cheapy cards are lovely. But chocolate is for the win!

    返信削除